We all know that prevention is better than a cure, but what does it mean to keep your teeth healthy?
Preventive dentistry is how to care for your teeth to avoid cavities, gum disease, enamel wear, and more. Maintaining good oral health is good for your whole body and can help you avoid needing extra dental care. Here are some simple things you can do to keep your teeth healthy.
1. Replace your toothbrush regularly before the bristles begin to fray.
2. Daily flossing helps to clean out the tight spaces between the teeth and avoid needing a tooth filling.
3. Eating a balanced diet can help to protect your teeth by providing them with the nutrients they need.
4. Tooth Mousse can help to protect your teeth, aiding the replacement of calcium and phosphate minerals lost during regular acid attacks usually after eating and drinking. A great way of providing extra teeth cleaning.
5. Visit your dental clinic every six months for an exam to check for any problems in your teeth or gums. Regular exams, teeth cleaning and fluoride treatment allow dentists to identify problems and take care of them right away.
Avoid needing a tooth filling or extraction by visiting your dentist today and following the above steps. If you’re unsure of the best way to look after your teeth, contact the Somerset Dental Care team on 4648 0909 to organise your personal dental care plan.More