SOMERSET DENTAL CARE
WIN AN IPAD MINI SELFIE COMPETITION
TERMS & CONDITIONS
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This Somerset Dental Care Selfie Competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Somerset Dental Care, 3/1 Somerset Avenue Narellan NSW 2567, ABN 92 080 527 117 (“Promoter”).
2. Entering the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants.
4. An “Eligible Entrant” is an individual who is:
I. Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the Competition or provision of the gift/prize, or their related corporate bodies or associates or any of their agencies involved with the Competition;
II. Not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 4(i) above;
III. A permanent resident of Australia; and
IV. Aged 18 years or over.
5. All relevant instructions on the Promoters’ website (if any) form part of these conditions.
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
6. I. The competition commences in Australia at 9.00 am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) on Wednesday, 1 February 2017 and closes at 11.59 pm AEDT on Friday 30 June 2017.
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
7. An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements (“Entry”):
I. Visiting Somerset Dental Care located at 3/1 Somerset Avenue Narellan NSW 2567
II. Taking a selfie in either the dental chair or on the premises
III. Uploading the selfie to social media channels Facebook or Instagram via:
IV. Privacy settings are required to be changed to public in order to make the post visible to the public. Posts that are not public do not comply with entry criteria.
8. All Eligible Entrants must ensure that their Entries are received by the Promoters during the Entry Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoters are not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete in formation either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this Competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this Competition. The Promoters assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries.
9. The Promoters reserves the right to display, promote or use for marketing purposes any entry in the Competition without regards to the comparative exposure of the entry in relation to any other entry.
10. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoters under clause 9, the entrant acknowledges the Promoter may exercise the non¬exclusive right throughout the world to communicate the entry in whole or in part to the public on any media platform.
DETERMINATION OF COMPETITION WINNERS AND THEIR PRIZES
11. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each Entry will be individually judged on their merits based upon creativity, personality and originality.
12. All Entries will be judged at the completion of the Competition Entry Period. The successful Entry judged the best by the Promoter will be the winner (“Major Prize Winner”) of the major prize (“Major Prize”) comprising of:
• An Apple iPad mini 4, 32GB, Silver Finish with Wi-Fi
13. Total Prize pool is valued at up to $600.00 AUD.
14. Prize selection will be conducted at Icon Visual Marketing, 16 Mitchell Street Camden, NSW, 2570.
15. Prize is not transferable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise stipulated.
ENTRY VERIFICATION AND ENTRANT DISQUALIFICATION
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process, or for submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these conditions of entry.
17. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
18. In the case that the Promoter finds evidence of tampering by the Entrant in the entry process or the verification process, in addition to declaring any or all entries made by the entrant invalid, the Promoter may in its complete discretion preclude that entrant from participating in any or all future competitions of the Promoter.
19. If drawn as the Winner an Eligible Entrant must deliver to the Promoters (by a means determined by the Promoters) evidence of any documents the Promoters may request establishing eligibility (as described in clause 4) to enter and win, including evidence of residence and photo identification and knowledge of the email recipient that the entry was submitted and proof of the validity of this email address. The Promoters may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an Eligible Entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so.
20. The Promoters may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Eligible Entrant invalid if the Eligible Entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or (ii) in the Promoter’s opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iii) uses falsified email addresses or non¬personal email addresses or where the entrant does not know or have personal dealings with the email recipient or (iv) in the Promoter’s opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions.
WINNER SELECTION DATES & PUBLICATION DATES
21. The Major Prize Winner will be selected on Friday, 7 July 2017.
22. The Winner will be notified in writing via email within 48 hours of the conclusion of judging, and their names published on the www.somersetdental.com.au website and in the July Somerset Dental Care newsletter.
FORFEITURE AND RETURN OF PRIZES
23. If an Eligible Entrant breaches their obligations under these Conditions or any agreement with the Promoter, the Promoter may determine that the Eligible Entrant has forfeited their Prize.
24. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the value of the Prize or Gift depreciating between the start of the Competition and receipt of the Prize or Gift.
25. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
26. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. The winner has 14 days to claim the Prize. If the Winner does not claim their Prize in 14 days, then a new Winner will be selected based on clause 13.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize or select a new Winner in the event of any Eligible Entrant not claiming the Prize.
30. By entering the Competition and claiming a Prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and competition purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright.
31. Any cost associated with accessing the competition website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
32. The Promoters assume no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoters or any Eligible Entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
33. The Promoters accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an Eligible Entrant participating in the Competition. Eligible Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
34. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
35. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoters, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Promotion or its prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an Australian Entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
36. Each Eligible Entrant agrees to participate and co¬operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed.
37. Each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoters and its associated entities an exclusive, royalty ¬free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and transferable license (including the right to sub¬license) to use such footage and photographs for promotional and marketing purposes, including online social networking sites.
38. If any provision of these conditions is held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
39. Each Entry becomes the property of the Promoter.
40. Eligible Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoters to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its Winner.
42. The personal information of the Winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including prize suppliers and deliverers. Persons may contact the Promoter by communication addressed to Someret Dental Care at the address in condition 1 to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoters. If an Eligible Entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoters may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
43. The Eligible Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoters and its associated entities, officers, employees, and agents against all liabilities, expenses, losses, claims, damages and costs arising out of or in connection with:
I. The Eligible Entrant’s participation in the Competition;
II. The use of the Eligible Entrant’s Entry